We offer an array of Psychological services at CCCC, LLC:
(Click HERE for information on Groups at CCCC)
- Individual Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Emotional Regulation
- Coping with Stress/Trauma
- Chronic Pain Management
- DBT (Skills training only)
- Intellectual Assessment
- Cognitive Assessment
- Personality Assessment
- Neuropsychological Assessment
- Psychoeducational Assessment
- Bariatric Evaluation
- Premarital Classes
- Marital Retreats
- Parenting Skills
- Other topics available upon request
- Expert Assessment & Testimony for Legal Proceedings
- Clinical Supervision for Mental Health Professionals in and after Graduate School in Psychology, Social Work & Counseling
- Public Speaking Engagements on a Variety of Mental Health Topics
In addition to Individual Psychotherapy, Our Practice hosts a number of Therapy Groups that are lead by skilled clinicians based on their specialties.
Coping with Life
- This group of women in their 50's through 60's have had severe trauma in their lives and are the strongest most fragile women you know. Their survival skills are unparalleled, yet they too need love and care and healing. This long term group allows participants to learn healthier coping skills, reparent themselves and redefine interpersonal boundaries and emotional intimacy within the safe, supportive environment of group therapy. Please call 202-544-5440 for more information and to schedule.
Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families
- This is a group of adults in their 20's and 30's who are in process separating their adult identity from the legacy of their family of origin's identity. Creation of healthier relationships with self and others is the goal. Please call 202-544-5440 for more information and to schedule.
Women's Self-Esteem Group
- This Group is for women in their 40's-50's who have not realized their worth and therefore have not reached their highest potential. Generally family of origin issues have contributed to areas of emotional or interpersonal challenge. The group is a safe place to reveal one's deepest fears among peers who have had similar experiences and to use the support of the group to practice new behaviors in a deliberate and self-determined manner to create one's self and one's life. Please call 202-544-5440 for more information and to schedule.
Early Loss Group
- The Early Loss Adult Psychotherapy Group is intended for adults ages 25 and older who have experienced early parental or sibling loss as well as other kinds of losses that are outside the range of what we usually view as part of the normal life cycle.
- The purpose of the Group is to provide a safe, therapeutic space for individuals to explore and process the meaning and impact of these losses in their lives and to learn and benefit from the experiences and insight of others.
- The Early Loss Group meets on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month from 1:15 PM – 2:30 PM in our Capitol Hill office, and is facilitated by Gina Sangster, LICSW. If you are interested, please call 202-544-5440 to schedule a free-of-charge pre-group consultation.
Chronic Pain Management
- Dr. Phillips offers a chronic pain management group that meets on the second and fourth Saturday of the month from 1:00pm-2:15pm at our Capitol Hill office. Insurance is accepted. Group is intended for individuals who suffer from chronic pain conditions such as back, neck, arm and leg pain, migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, arthritis, multiple schlorosis, pre & post-surgey conditions, and other chronic health conditions.
- The purpose of the group is to learn pain management skills such as focused breathing, muscle relaxation, visualization of relaxed settings, and guided imagery and group members practice these skills between sessions. These skills serve to decrease anxiety and depression, decrease pain indirectly (e.g., through muscle relaxation) and directly (e.g., through guided imagery with suggestions of decreasing pain).
- Group members problem-solve together about impediments to using the techniques. Group members share coping skills and exercises they have learned on their own and find more helpful. This is an open group. Therefore, group members can join at any time. Please call 202-544-5440 for more information and to schedule.
Cope with Stress for Success:
A Workshop on The Effects of Chronic Stress on Health: understanding and preventing “burnouts”
This will be a 75-minute workshop on ways to understand and cope with chronic stress of daily life and its effects on health, quality of life, work-productivity and the success. In this workshop, individuals will learn about Chronic Stress, what is and what it is not, grasp a general understanding on the effects of stress on health. This psychoeducation workshop consist of an overview of the effects of stress on general well-being. The workshop is designed for the general public and aims to provide educational material and a review of brief tools to cope with stress. The following topics will be presented and discussed:
- What is Chronic Stress effect on general health and physiology? Why is it related to memory, immunity and sometimes to chronic pain?
- How and why are “burnouts: related to Chronic Stress?
- Dos and Donts - brief ways to cope with stress on a daily basis.
Please call 202-544-5440 for more information and to inquire about dates for the workshop.
(Next Held from late January to early February 2019)
Services for Individuals, Couples, Children & Families